me breathing room for themselve

lw789

me breathing room for themselve

Post by lw789 » 15 Sep 2018, 03:22

MILWAUKEE -- Matt Garza was fuming after his previous start, the shortest of his career when he recorded just one out and allowed five runs. What a difference five days make. Garza allowed two hits in eight innings, and Ryan Braun hit one of three homers for the Milwaukee Brewers in a 9-1 victory over the New York Mets on Thursday night. "His last start probably upset him enough that he had a lot to prove tonight, and he threw the ball well," Mets manager Terry Collins said. Jonathan Lucroy and Khris Davis also connected for the Brewers, who took a 6-0 lead after three innings against Dillon Gee (4-3) to win their fourth consecutive game. Garza (7-7) gave up five runs in one-third of an inning Saturday at Washington. It was a different story against the Mets. The right-hander yielded a third-inning single to Wilmer Flores, recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas earlier Thursday, and a seventh-inning homer to Lucas Duda. Garza struck out four and walked one. Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said Garza had been throwing the ball well before the game against the Nationals. "I dont know how many outings, five, six in a row until that last one," Roenicke said. "And I didnt think he threw the ball that bad the last one. "I think he still had a lot of confidence. He was attacking the zone with the fastball. When hes good thats what he does so well. He looked very confident coming into it." Garza downplayed the comeback this time, instead focusing on keeping the Brewers winning streak going. "The bigger thing was I kept this thing rolling," he said. "Our guys are swinging the bats well. I got an early cushion so it was easier to keep attacking. It was one of those nights where everything clicked on offence and it made my job a lot easier on the mound." The Mets sent 31 batters to the plate, four over the minimum. Milwaukee limped into the All-Star break, losing 11 of 13 games. They have won five of seven since then to open a three-game lead over the St. Louis Cardinals and Pittsburgh Pirates in the NL Central. During their slump, the Brewers had a power outage, hitting only seven homers in 13 games. Since the break, they have 12 in seven games. Lucroy hit his 12th and Davis added his 17th homer, both solo shots. Braun had a two-run shot, deep to left field. It was his 14th long ball and extended his hitting streak to 12 games. "Hitting is contagious," Davis said. "Once we start popping them out of the yard it feels like everybody is going to start." Dudas homer was his career-high 16th. Gee lasted only five innings for the second consecutive start and allowed six runs, the most he has given up all season. The right-hander allowed six hits and two walks and struck out six. It was the most runs given up by Gee since he was allowed seven in an 8-3 loss at Philadelphia on April 9, 2013, a span of 40 starts. "It seemed like everything they swung at, they hit hard," Gee said. "I am confident I can get it turned around." He was replaced to open the sixth by Daisuke Matsuzaka, whose first pitch was hit by Davis over the fence. NOTES: The Mets optioned OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis to Las Vegas. ... Mets SS Ruben Tejada was given the day off as a precaution after he was hit in the helmet by a pitch from Seattles Taijuan Walker. RF Curtis Granderson returned to the New York lineup after missing two games with a stomach virus. He went 0 for 4. ... The Brewers are playing Michael Jackson songs when Carlos Gomez strides to the plate, and the quirky outfielder is raising his right leg and imitating a leg kick done by the King of Pop before entering the batters box. Michael Gallup Jersey . Cox started the season with San Francisco, but was released by the team on Nov. 12 before being signed by Seattle, where he appeared in two games and tallied three tackles before being released on Dec. Cheap Cowboys Jerseys . Durant had 33 points, 12 rebounds and six assists, hit the tying 3-pointer late in regulation and made the go-ahead foul shots in overtime to lift the Thunder past the Wizards 106-105. John Wall missed a driving layup attempt at the buzzer for Washington, which was seeking its third straight win. http://www.cheapcowboysjerseys.net/. It has been eleven years, eight months, and 261 days since I played my last CFL game. Womens Cowboys Jerseys . The international synchronized skating competition takes place from January 31 - February 1, 2014, and features 39 teams from 10 countries, in senior, junior, and novice. Black Friday Cowboys Jerseys . -- Shanshan Feng was alone in her opinion about the pin positions in the Kraft Nabisco Championship.To ask, “How many wins do the Winnipeg Goldeyes have in their last 10 games?,” one would find the answer in the question. The Goldeyes ran their winning streak to 10 games with an 8-4 win over the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Saturday night at Newman Outdoor Field before 3,990 spectators, including a small, vocal crowd of Winnipeg fans. The win increases Winnipegs lead to franchise record 8 1/2 games in the American Associations North Division over the St. Paul Saints and matches a franchise record 10 victories in a row. “It was a good effort all around,” Goldeyes pitching coach Jamie Vermilyea said on the Jewel 101 post-game show. “Chandler (Barnard) filled up the zone early and often and the guys were swinging the bats. Its been a broken record for those guys lately. “The guys are doing well with situational hitting and taking advantage of the RBI opportunities.” The Goldeyes consistently pounded on Fargo starter Jake Laber by scoring in five consecutive innings from second to sixth innings. Winnipeg got on the scoreboard in the top of the second when Ryan Pineda beat out a double play ball, which allowed Brock Bond to score from third. The Goldeyes went up 2-0 in the top of the third, as Casey Haerther scored on a Donnie Webb sac fly. In the top of the fourth, the Goldeyes created some breathing room for themselves when Tyler Kuhn hit a two-RBI triple with one out. Kuhn then scored on a Josh Mazzola sac fly, for what stood up to be the game-winning run. Reggiee Abercrombie added a triple himself in the top of the fifth, which scored Webb.dddddddddddd Abercrombie then scored on a Luis Alen sac fly. The Goldeyes completed their scoring streak in the top of the sixth when Kuhn scored on an RBI single by Ray Sadler. During the offensive onslaught, Goldeyes starter Barnard retired 11 RedHawk batters in a row from the second to fifth innings. Fargo finally got to Barnard in the bottom of the sixth when Ronnie Bourquin hit a three-run home run. Barnard rebounded to retire three of the next four batters he faced to get out of the inning. The RedHawks added a run in the bottom of the eighth and made it interesting with two runners on the base in the bottom of the ninth, but Chris Kissock struck out Nic Jackson to end the game. The Goldeyes have now won five consecutive series. Haerther paced Winnipeg with a four-for-five night at the plate to up his league-leading batting average to .427, while Kuhn had two RBI. Bond was the only player not to register a hit for the Goldeyes, who had 16 hits in the game. Barnard went 6 1/3 innings for his third consecutive win in as many starts for the Goldeyes. “When hes aggressive with that sinker, hes going to be good,” Vermilyea said. Laber suffered the loss for Fargo. Winnipeg tagged him for eight runs on 13 hits. The series finale goes Sunday afternoon in Fargo at 1 p.m. Ethan Hollingsworth (2-0, 2.55) will take the ball for Winnipeg against Fargos Brian Ernst (3-4, 6.60). Cheap Chargers Hoodies Cheap Browns Hoodies Cheap Texans Hoodies Cheap Ravens Hoodies Cheap Panthers Hoodies Cheap Jets Hoodies Cheap Titans Hoodies Cheap Chiefs Hoodies Cheap Bills Hoodies Cheap Colts Hoodies Cheap Cardinals Hoodies Cheap Buccaneers Hoodies Cheap Rams Hoodies Cheap Jaguars Hoodies Cheap Falcons Hoodies Cheap Bengals Hoodies ' ' '

Return to “General Discussion”